Click on the item numbers to see more about the products in this technique sheet, and to order the items for your project.
1. Position the 10" clear transparent base onto the Large Rippled Plate mold.
2. Using a black Sharpie Marker, outline the center circle area of the mold onto the glass base. Remove from the mold surface. Set the mold aside.
3. Along the outer ring area on the glass base, arrange an assortment of purple transparent scrap glass pieces in a mosaic fashion.
TIP: If needed, use the Wheeled Mosaic Cutter to nip larger pieces into smaller shapes.
4. Repeat step #3 using an assortment of blue transparent scrap glass pieces to fill the remaining area of the outer ring.
5. Secure the first layer of glass scrap pieces with pinpoints of GlasTac.
6. Repeat steps #3 and #4 to add a second mosaic layer of glass scrap pieces to the outer ring surface. Concentrate purple shades of scrap glass pieces over the initial purple half, and blue shades of scrap glass over the other half.
7. Secure the second layer of glass scrap pieces with pinpoints of GlasTac.
8. Fill in the center circle of the project with a generous layer of Coarse Clear Carolina Frit.
9. Using a plastic spoon, create a light wave of color with an assortment of purple and blue fine Carolina Frit or scrap glass shavings to create a wave of color across the center circle.
10. Secure frit in place with pinpoints of GlasTac. Let project dry completely.
11. Full fuse using the 6-segment firing schedule.
12. Once fired, slump in the Large Ripple Plate mold.