Assorted Royal Aqualon Brushes Aqualon Ultimate Fan Brush No.8 Pencil Sharpie Sponge Template Tissue Paper Water
Click on the item numbers to see more about the products in this technique sheet, and to order the items for your project.
1. Lightly wipe ware with a damp sponge to prepare surface for painting.
2. First, print off template of tree. Trace on tissue paper. Now, lay tissue paper onto plate and trace with Sharpie. Once finished, pull tissue paper off and you should see a faint outline of the tree on your plate.
3. Next, paint tree in with the Wax Resist. Once dry load your Aqualon Ultimate Fan Brush No. 8 up with Dark Purple. Apply several strokes of it on the bottom third of plate. Once done, clean brush and load one side of brush Dark Purple and the other half Bright Purple. Now stroke the mid section of the plate, allowing the Dark Purple and Bright Purple to blend together. Next, clean brush and load with Bright Purple. Paint a couple strokes, making sure to blend the plate. TIP: if paint is too dry to blend, dip brush in a little bit of water. Next, clean brush and load half with Bright Purple, and the other half with Light Purple. Blend well and finish off the top with Light Purple.
4. Paint edge and back of plate Dark Purple.
5. Dip in Clear Brilliance and fire to Cone 06.
6. Once fired, take out and paint two birds Dark Honeysuckle. Glaze over bare tree and birds with a fan brush and refire at Cone 06. This will seal the plate.