Assorted Paintbrushes Detail Brush Water Water-based Marker
Click on the item numbers to see more about the products in this technique sheet, and to order the items for your project.
1. Lightly wipe ware with a damp sponge to prepare surface for painting.
2. Mix 1 part Really White to 1 part Bright Caribbean. Use 3 coats of this color mixture to fully paint the inner base of the address plaque.
3. Along the raised border of the address plaque, paint the inner section with 3 coats of Bright Caribbean. Allow base coats of paint to dry completely.
TIP: Use a medium-sized square brush to easily achieve straight, long strokes of color!
4. Along opposing corners of the inner section of the plaque, use a water-based marker to sketch simplistic floral designs.
5. Fill in the floral designs with a combination of colors. For this project, we used 3 coats of Dark Honeysuckle to fill in the petal flowers, Light Heather to fill in the rounded flowers, and Bright Kiwi to fill in the leaves. Let dry.
6. Using a detail or a liner paint brush, loosely outline the floral designs using Dark Black.
TIP: For extra fluidity in your brushstrokes, very slightly dampen your paint brush before applying the brush into the paint.
7. Use a water-based marker to personalize your address plaque with the address or text or your choice. Once sketched, trace over the lettering using a detail brush and Dark Black. Allow project to dry completely.