Bisque Imports / Welcoming Whale Platter Technique Sheet
Welcoming Whale Platter Technique Sheet
Design courtesy of Bisque Imports
Whale hello there! Create this super adorable whale platter, perfect for parties and welcoming home decor!
172 13" Round Coupe Pasta Platter
8121 Writer Bottle 18 Gauge
CN132-8 Bright Tidepool
CN202-8 Bright Grey
CN253-8 Dark Black
CN373-8 Dark Honeysuckle
Assorted Paint brushes
Click on the item numbers to see more about the products in this technique sheet, and to order the items for your project.
INSTRUCTIONS 1. Lightly wipe ware with a damp sponge to prepare surface for painting.
2. Lightly trace whale template in center of platter with a water-based maker.
3 Using the water-based maker draw a line dividing the body and belly.
4. Draw waves around and under whale.
5.Paint 3 coats of Bright Grey on body. Leave belly blank.
6. Outline body, belly, and belly lines using the 18 Gauge Writer Bottle using Dark Black. You can also go ahead and add a dot for the eye.
7. Trace over waves using Bright Tidepool in the 18 Gauge Writer Bottle.
8. Paint 3 coats in water spout with Bright Tidepool using a detail brush.
9. Use Dark Honeysuckle to write "Whale hello there" at the top of the platter using a detail brush.
10 Use the end of a detail brush and dip in Bright Grey and add small dots spaced out around the rim.
11. Repeat this step using the Dark Honeysuckle.
12. Use 18 Gauge Writer Bottle with Bright Tidepool and create dash marks in between dots on rim.
13. Dip in Pure Brilliance and fire to Cone 06.
| Click here to view and download the Image! || |
| Click here to download the Technique Sheet PDF! |