Cotton Swabs Latex Gloves Paintbrush Paper Towels Pencil Plastic Spoon Water
Click on the item numbers to see more about the products in this technique sheet, and to order the items for your project.
1. Position one feather design, from the Fancy Feather stencil, along one curve of the heart. Use a pencil to trace the feather design outline. Once traced, flip stencil over to trace the same design along the opposite curve.
2. Using Weldbond as adhesive, fill in the sections of each feather using Hot Pink, Yellow Glow, Electric Blue, and Glistening Green Foil tiles.
TIP: As you work, use a Wheel Mosaic Nipper to nip tiles into smaller pieces as needed.
3. Fill in the stem of each feather by adhering nipped Aqua Green Smoothies.
4. Using an assortment of Pastel Plum Smoothies, fill in the remaining area of the mosaic.
5. Let your mosaic project dry until all tiles are securely in place. Then, follow the grouting instructions below to grout your project using White Grout:
GROUTING INSTRUCTIONS : 1. Pour grout into a disposable bowl. 2. Use a plastic spoon to mix in small amounts of water until you achieve an oatmeal consistency. 3. Spread grout mix over project surface, allowing the grout to fill in all gaps between the tiles. Wear plastic gloves to keep your hands clean. 4. Allow project to dry for 10-15 minutes, then wipe off excess grout with a paper towel.
6. Once grouted, paint the edges with Neon Pink or another acrylic color of your choice.