Click on the item numbers to see more about the products in this technique sheet, and to order the items for your project.
1. Wipe ware with a damp sponge to prepare surface for painting.
2. Dip a Fan Brush into Silk Road. Touch the brush down in the center of the plate and slowly work the color to the outer edge in a circular motion.
3. Repeat step #2 using Stormy Sky. Apply paint with the same circular banding motion to blend the two colors.
4. Dip the Fan Brush into water, then apply to plate in the same circular motion to further blend the colors.
5. Repeat steps #2 - #4 1-2 additional times to achieve 3 solid coats of coverage. Let dry.
Tip: Colorobbia colors provide beautiful, vibrant color. Bonus: you don't even need to dip them in glaze! This plate was only half dipped - can you tell which side is unglazed? Neither can we!
6. Position the Art Deco Leaves templates onto the plate. As you hold the template in place, use a sponge and Stormy Sky to sponge over scattered leaf designs. Gently lift template once complete. Let dry.
7. Use a detail writer and Black Swan to outline the leaves with fragmented line segments. Let dry.
8. Dip in Colorobbia Super Clear Dipping Glaze & fire to cone 06.