Bisque Imports / Wintry Mix Technique Sheet
Wintry Mix Technique Sheet
Design courtesy of Bisque Imports
Crafter's Workshop stencils make great frit stencils! Create this wintry bowl in just a few easy steps.
CF-8-132S-F-F Light Blue Transparent Frit - Fine
CF-8-200S-F-M White Opalescent Frit - Medium
CF-8-533-2S-F-F Blue Topaz Transparent Frit - Fine
3GBC-10-96-01 10 In. Circle Clear Transparent
SP422 Klyr-Fire Glass Glue
ST540 Thinfire Paper
TCW164 Flurries - 12" x 12" Template
Angled Cut Straw
Detail Writer Bottle (optional, for glass glue)
Small Paintbrush or Toothpick
Click on the item numbers to see more about the products in this technique sheet, and to order the items for your project.
1. Lightly spritz the 10" clear circle glass blank to give the surface tackiness.
2. Position the Flurries stencil onto the glass.
3. Fill in the snowflake design areas of your choice with a mix of fine Light Blue and Blue Topaz frit using a small spoon or angled cut straw.
4. Gently lift the template to reveal design.
5. Use a paintbrush or a toothpick to touch up design areas as needed.
6. Apply a small amount of Klyr-Fire glass glue to the design areas to secure frit.
7. Add a light sprinkling of fine Light Blue Transparent, medium White Opalescent, and fine Blue Topaz Transparent frit over the project.
8. Light spritz project with hairspray to secure frit in place.
9. Contour or full fuse project using the 6-segment firing schedule.
| Click here to view and download the Image! || |
| Click here to download the Technique Sheet PDF! |