Click on the item numbers to see more about the products in this technique sheet, and to order the items for your project.
1. Lightly wipe ware with a damp sponge to prepare surface for painting.
2. Paint the belly and eyebrows of the owl with 3-4 coats of Banana Cream.
3. Alternate using 3 coats each of Pinky Toes and Fuchsia Razzle Dazzle to paint every other section around the eye.
4. Paint the center eye circle with Galaxy Black.
5. Paint the beak and feet of the owl with 3 coats of Midas Gold.
6. On each wing, paint the top portion with 3 coats of Fuchsia Razzle Dazzle, the middle portion with 3 coats of Pinky Toes, and every other section of the wing's bottom portion with 3-4 coats of Banana Cream. Let dry.
7. Paint the body of the owl and the mug handle with 3-4 coats of Caramel Swirl. Let dry.
8. Use a detail brush and 3 coats of XO Brown to outline the eyes, the eyebrow feathers, and each wing.
9. On the eyebrow feathers, fill in every other section with 3 coats of XO Brown.
10. On each wing, use 3 coats of XO brown to outline the top portion feathers and to fill in every other section of the middle and bottom wing portion. Let dry.
11. Paint the inside of the mug with 3 coats of XO Brown. Let dry.
12. Dip in Colorobbia Super Clear Dipping Glaze and fire to Cone 06.