Assorted Royal Aqualon Brushes Detail Brush Pencil Scissors Thin Permanent Marker Tissue Paper Water
Click on the item numbers to see more about the products in this technique sheet, and to order the items for your project.
1. Lightly wipe ware with a damp sponge to prepare surface for painting.
2. First, cut out four 4" x 4" squares of tissue paper. One at a time, overlay each tissue paper square over one of the four animal silhouettes provided in the template. With a pencil, trace over the outline of each silhouette on the tissue paper squares.
3. Again, one at a time, overlay the tissue paper square with the trace silhouette image on each tile. With a thin permanent marker, again trace over the animal outline. Trace slowly so that the ink of the marker will bleed onto the surface of each tile. Lift up the tissue paper to reveal your transferred image. Once finished, each tile will have its own transferred animal silhouette outline on its surface.
4. With a paintbrush, apply a coat of mask n' peel to fill in each animal silhouette. Let dry.
5. As the background on each tile, use a pencil to sketch out a zentangle design, or in other words a combination of doodles, to fill the background area.
6. With a detail brush and 2 coats of Dark Black, trace over your zentangle design on each tile. Let dry. Once dry, use a small pin or the tapered end of your paintbrush to remove the mask n' peel from each tile.
7. Fill in each animal silhouette using 3 coats of one of the following Concept colors: Bright Salsa, Bright Aqua, Light Grape, and Light Jade. Let each dry completely.