Assorted Paintbrushes Detail Brush Small Cup Water
Click on the item numbers to see more about the products in this technique sheet, and to order the items for your project.
1. Lightly wipe ware with a damp sponge to prepare surface for painting.
2. Paint the top and bottom surface of the Woodgrain Server with 3 coats of Dark Ginger. Let dry.
3. In a small cup, mix a small amount of water with a drop or two of Dark Briarwood to create a brown wash. Accentuate the woodgrain texture by using a large brush to cover the surface of the server with the brown wash. Set aside to let dry.
4. Paint the chest and wings of the Bird Accent with 3 coats of Light Blue Spruce. Let dry.
5. Paint the remaining area of the bird's body with 3 coats of Light Heather. Let dry.
6. Paint the beak of the bird with 3 coats of Bright Tangerine.
7. On the chest of the bird, add small accent curves with a detail brush and Light Heather.
8. Add a dot of Pure White French Dimensions to each eye on the bird. Let dry.
9. Attach the Bird Accent to the server plate using Pure White French Dimensions as adhesive. Let dry.
10. Once dry, dip project in Pure Brilliance and fire to Cone 06.
11. Post-firing, add one coat of Premium Gold Overglaze and a detail brush to accent scattered woodgrain texture lines. Once complete, clean brush using Overglaze Essence.