This platter is perfect for having guests over to show off your great taste and artistic skills! Serve veggies, munchies, or different desserts in this awesome dish!
4GBS-12-200S-F 12 In. Square White N1108-96 Medium Amber Noodles 2702-96 Orange Opal Noodles (coming soon)
SM9543 Four Square Sectional Mold Elmer's Gel Glue Fine Tip Sharpie SP422 Klyr Fire Glass Glue Non-Aerosol Hairspray Ruler Small Plastic Cups ST540 Thinfire Paper ST352 Wheel Mosaic Cutter Wooden Skewers
Click on the item numbers to see more about the products in this technique sheet, and to order the items for your project.
1. First, using the ruler, mark off every three inches on the length and width of the piece. There should be three tic marks on either side of the piece. Once measured, draw lines completely across the blank. There should be sixteen 3" x 3" squares. Each portion of the piece will have four 3" x 3" squares inside the larger square.
2. Starting with the bottom left corner, line up the Medium Amber Noodles diagonally touching the middle lines. You will have four different lengths per angle. Use the Sharpie to draw where the noodle hangs off the line. Nip these at an angle so they will lay flush against the mirror image on the noodles on the other side of the piece.
3. Continue this process for each square. Essentially, you are creating an X in each square. Once you have completed the bottom left box, switch to the Orange Opal Noodles for the top left box. Continue on with the same process. Remember, you are making a mirror image for each noodle you lay so it fits properly in the piece.
4. Once you have completed the top left, move onto the top right square. This one will have Medium Amber Noodles. Once you have completed the X's for this square, the last square will be in Orange Opal Noodles.
5. Once complete, fire your piece to a Full Fuse.
6. Once fused, slump into the Four Square Sectional Mold.