TCW156s Mini Cosmic Swirl - 6" x 6" Assorted Paintbrushes Fabric Glitter Hot Glue Gun Paint Dotters Scissors Sharpie Sponge Water
Click on the item numbers to see more about the products in this technique sheet, and to order the items for your project.
1. Lightly wipe ware with a damp sponge to prepare surface for painting.
2. Mix two parts Naples Yellow to one part Cadmium Red to create a base coat for the frame.
3. Mix one part Naples Yellow to two parts Cadium Red. Place template onto frame and dab gently with a paint dotter.
4. Lightly dust glitter onto frame and let dry.
5. While frame is drying, you can create the rosettes. Cut a 12" x 1" strip of fabric and tie the end in a knot. Twist fabric in a circular motion and secure every couple of twists with a dot of hot glue. Continue this process until done.
6. Create a smaller rosette with a 8 by 1 inch strip of fabric. Repeat step 5.
7. Sketch a large banner with a Sharpie on the top right corner of the frame. Fill in with Naples Yellow.
8. Using the Sharpie, draw a 2.5" banner below the photo opening and fill in with Naples Yellow.
9. Outline both banners and add text with Mars Black and a Detail Liner. On the top banner add the anniversary of the two lovebirds, or any other sweet message you would like. Fill in the second banner with You + Me or the couples' name.
10. Using a paint dotter, paint the inside and outside of edges of the frame in Mars Black.
11. Hot Glue the rosettes down onto the bottom left corner of the frame.