Bisque Imports / You're a Firework Technique Sheet
You're a Firework Technique Sheet
Design courtesy of Bisque Imports
Light up the sky (or the dining room) with this fantastic Fireworks platter! Your guests will be in awe of the bright colors and funky detailing. We use three different techniques to create Fireworks in this project, feel free to personalize it to your liking!
Click on the item numbers to see more about the products in this technique sheet, and to order the items for your project.
1. Lightly wipe ware with a damp sponge to prepare surface for painting.
2. Paint alternating 1-1/2 inch stripes of Neon Yellow, Neon Green, Neon Red and Neon Orange across the inside of the server with three solid coats of each color. Repeat stripes until plate is covered. Let dry thoroughly.
3. Paint 2-3 solid coats of Dark Delft over the neon stripes. While partially damp, use the angled end of a paintbrush to scrape off the top layer of paint. Create curving strokes starting from a center point and moving outward. Repeat randomly across the entire bowl and let dry thoroughly.
4. Now it's time to create accent fireworks! Load 2 neon colors of your choice on your paintbrush, half on one side and half on the other side. Starting from a center point paint long strokes, allowing for both colors to touch the plate. For each firework, repeat the process 2-3 times.
5. To finish the design, place a small dollop of neon color randomly across the server. With the end of a paint brush, pull the paint out from the center to create tiny stars. Paint 3 solid coats for each firework.