Click on the item numbers to see more about the products in this technique sheet, and to order the items for your project.
1. Lightly wipe ware with a damp sponge to prepare surface for painting.
2. Paint the "feet" of the bowl with 3-4 coats of Blue Lagoon. Let dry.
3. Paint the inside of the bowl with 3-4 coats of Blue Hawaii. Allow paint to dry completely.
3. Add a small amount of Filigrana to the applicator bottle and attach detailing tip to the bottle.
TIP: Easily transfer Filigrana to the applicator bottle using a syringe. Or, position uncapped applicator bottle over Filigrana container, squeeze bottle to release pressure, then unsqueeze to draw the Filigrana mixture into the bottle. Replace cap once complete.
4. Test using Filigrana through the applicator bottle to check consistency. If needed, add a small amount of water to the bottle to thin consistency.
5. Slowly apply Filigrana to the inside of the bowl in a criss-crossing lattice pattern to create rows of diamond-shaped spaced.
6. Add concentric diamond shapes within the patterned spaces. Once complete, allow Filigrana to dry completely.
7. If needed, gently scrape away excess Filigrana to touch up lattice pattern.
8. Once completed, dip in Colorobbia Super Clear Dipping Glaze and fire to Cone 06.