Ahoy Matey! Technique Sheet
|This mosaic project will have you and your customers saying "Ahoy! Matey!". With some of our smoothie tiles and some white grout, you are fit to sail!
Design courtesy of Bisque Imports
Personalize your own monogram mosaic plaque to perfectly match your uniquely-you style.
For step-by-step photos and additional project information, download the PDF!
BIM577 Black Smoothies
BIM588 Teal Smoothies
BIM589 Persian Blue Smoothies
BIM590 Orange Smoothies
BIM591 Grass Green Smoothies
BIM70212-0002 White Grout
BIM8009 Square Plaque - Sm
Acrylic Paint (optional)
Plastic Spoon (to mix grout)
Small Disposable Bowl (for grout mix)
Click on the item numbers to see more about the products in this technique sheet, and to order the items for your project.
1. Sketch the sailboat sea project design on the mosaic base surface with a pencil.
2. Using Weldbond as adhesive, adhere Persian Blue Smoothies to create and fill in the waves.
3. Fill in the corner sun shape and boat base with Orange Smoothies.
4. Adhere Black Smoothies along the sailboat mast (center pole).
5. Fill in each sail shape with Grass Green Smoothies.
6. Fill in the remaining background area with Teal Smoothies.
7. Let your mosaic project dry until all tiles are securely in place. Then, follow the grouting instructions below to grout your project using White Grout:
GROUTING INSTRUCTIONS :
1. Pour grout into a disposable bowl.
2. Use a plastic spoon to mix in small amounts of water until you achieve an oatmeal consistency.
3. Spread grout mix over project surface, allowing the grout to fill in all gaps between the tiles. Wear plastic gloves to keep your hands clean.
4. Allow project to dry for 10-15 minutes, then wipe off excess grout with a paper towel.
8. Once grouted, paint the edges with acrylics if desired.
| Click here to view and download the Image! || |
| Click here to download the Technique Sheet PDF! |