Funny Friends Technique Sheet
|These funny little creatures will have your customers doing a happy dance! You can create unique little friends that are sure to bring a smile to your face!
Design courtesy of Bisque Imports
These funny little creatures will have your customers doing a happy dance when they find out how easy this project is! Using whatever glass you have around, you can create one of a kind little friends that are sure to bring a smile to your face!
GBLOCK2702 Orange Opalescent Block
GP1009 Black Glass Pebbles
GSLAB100 Clear Glass Slab
GSTRIP267-72 Sunflower Opalescent Strips
S2264-96 Amazon Green Opal Stringers
S2302-96 Medium Blue Opal Stringers
S2702-96 Orange Opal Stringers
S56-96 Black Stringers
RO2264-96 Opaque Amazon Green Rods
RO56-96 Opaque Black Glass Rods
SP422 Klyr-fire Glass Glue
ST340 1" Running Pliers
ST352 Pistol Grip Glass Cutter
ST356 Wheel Mosaic Cutter
ST540 Thinfire Paper
Click on the item numbers to see more about the products in this technique sheet, and to order the items for your project.
| || |
1. Before you begin: The number one thing to know about this project: use what you have! The cuteness is in the creativity, not the uniformity!
2. We started with a Sunflower strip. Using our Wheel Mosaic Cutter, we nipped off a two inch section and two diagonal chips into a nipping basket. Using a swab with a small amount of glue, secure the first monster into place.
3. For our middle monster, we used an Amazon Green Opal Rod and nipped it into small dots. Before adhering the glue to the glass, we sketched a rough outline of the circle. Then, we applied a small amount of Klyr-Fire and placed the dots on top. (Place them in tight and close together!)
4. Using your wheel mosaic cutter, cut a funky square out of your Orange Opal Opaque Block. Glue to the slab.
5. Now it's time to embellish these crazy little monsters! We used stringers, bits and pebbles to create their faces. A leftover chip from your Sunflower Strip works perfectly as a mouth.
6. Outline your piece with Medium Blue Opal Stringers. Snap into place and secure with a dot of glue.
7. Let Dry. Contour fuse using the 6 segment program provided.
| Click here to view and download the Image! || || Click here to download the Technique Sheet PDF! |