Joyful Holiday Technique Sheet
|We could not pick just one ornament...so we painted a bunch! Let your creativity shine as you design and decorate this festive plate!
Design courtesy of Bisque Imports
Round ones, skinny ones, funky ones, sparkly ones...we could not pick just one ornament...so we painted a bunch! Let your creativity shine as you design and decorate this festive plate!
191 Square Platter
9591 Paint Dotters
9630 Detail Writer Bottles
9636 Medium Writer Tips
CN074-8 Really Red
CN142-8 Bright Aqua
CN182-8 Bright Kiwi
CN183-8 Dark Kiwi
CN202-8 Bright Grey
CN244-8 Really White
CN518-8 Delft Sprinkles
CN519-8 Aqua Sprinkles
CN522-8 Really White Sprinkles
R2250-6 Aqualon Round #6 Brush
Assorted Royal Brushes
Click on the item numbers to see more about the products in this technique sheet, and to order the items for your project.
| || |
1. Lightly wipe ware with a damp sponge to prepare surface for painting.
2. Outline where you would like your ornaments to hang on your plate. You may want to use a ruler to sketch your strings.
3. Start with the background color of each ornament, then layer color and designs on top! We outlined each ornament with a detail writer to get a crisp edge. Then, we filled in several coats with a Round Royal Aqualon brush.
4. Once you have your background painted, you can fill detail writers with accent colors of your choosing. We chose to use CN244 and CN522 to make the designs pop.
5. Use paint dotters to make patterns, or layer different colors of blue and white to create a snow globe effect.
6. For our Christmas tree ornament, we carved out texture with the tapered end of a Royal Brush.
7. Now you are ready to write your message! We outlined our words with pencil, then filled in the letters with a detail writer of CN074.
8. Let dry. Glaze and fire to cone 06.
Tip: Keep it simple by sticking to a handful of colors. That way, your patterns and designs will really shine on the piece, while still feeling cohesive and festive!
| Click here to view and download the Image! || || Click here to download the Technique Sheet PDF! |