Design courtesy of Bisque Imports
Dive into the work of a famous artist in a kid friendly way! Parents and kids alike will love the final results. Tip: Try creating your own custom circle stamps by cutting sponges into different circle shapes!
104 Metropolitan Coupe Salad
9591 Paint Dotters
CN042-8 Bright Papaya
CN123-8 Dark Nautical
CN181-8 Light Kiwi
CN253-8 Dark Black
CN262-8 Bright Grape
CN263-8 Dark Grape
CN292-8 Bright Purple
CN302-8 Bright Caribbean
CN351-8 Light Sapphire
CN352-8 Bright Sapphire
CN353-8 Dark Sapphire
CN372-8 Bright Honeysuckle
CN373-8 Dark Honeysuckle
CN503-8 Neon Chartreuse
Assorted Royal Aqualon Brushes
Black Ultra-Fine Sharpie
Click on the item numbers to see more about the products in this technique sheet, and to order the items for your project.
1. Lightly wipe ware with a damp sponge to prepare surface for painting.
2. Use a ruler and a black ultra-fine sharpie to divide the plate into nine equal square sections.
3. Use an assortment of lighter shade paint colors, 3 coats each, to fill in each square section. For this project, we used Bright Papaya, Light Kiwi, Bright Purple, Light Sapphire, Bright Honeysuckle, and Neon Chartreuse. Let dry.
4. In each section, use a pencil to lightly sketch a large circle. Fill in each circle with a color slightly darker than its background color.
5. Alternate using Paint Dotters and hand-drawn circles as outlines to create concentric circles within each large circle. Use each Paint Dotter by dipping it into the paint, onto a separate surface to remove excess, then onto project. Paint or sponge 3 coats of color to fill in each circle. Let dry.
TIP: Try creating your own custom circle stamps by cutting sponges into different circle shapes!
6. When painting each circle, use lighter colors before using darker colors.For each concentric circle in this project, we used Dark Nautical, Light Kiwi, Dark Black, Bright Grape, Dark Grape, Bright Purple, Bright Caribbean, Bright Sapphire, Dark Sapphire, and Dark Honeysuckle.
6. Paint the backside of plate with 3 coats of Dark Sapphire, or another color of your choice. Let dry.
7. Dip in Pure Brilliance and fire to Cone 06.