Night Owl Technique Sheet
|Adds a new twist to the bubble technique. We created a second layer of fun with the groovy owl design over bubble "clouds".
Design courtesy of Bisque Imports
Adds a new twist to the bubble technique. We created a second layer of fun with the groovy owl design over bubble "clouds".
240 Rim Dinner Plate
CN302-8 Bright Caribbean
CN142-8 Bright Aqua
CN113-8 Dark Delft
CN504-8 Neon Orange
CN021-8 Light Saffron
CN253-8 Dark Black
FD258 French Dimensions Pure White
PB26399 Pure Brilliance Clear Glaze
Assorted Royal Aqualon Brushes
9630 Detail Writer Bottles
9636 Medium Writer Tips
9591 Paint Dotters
Liquid Dish Soap
Black Permanent Marker
Pencil or Ball Point Pen
Click on the item numbers to see more about the products in this technique sheet, and to order the items for your project.
To view our video on the bubble technique, click here
| || |
1. Lightly wipe ware with a damp sponge to prepare surface for painting.
2. Trace owl body template onto Contact Paper and cut out shape with Scissors. Apply off-center onto plate.
3. Combine 2 parts Bright Caribbean and 1 part water to Small Cup. Add a few drops of Liquid Soap. Mix with Straw.
4. Start blowing bubbles while holding the cup to the side of the plate. Let the bubbles flow over the edge of the cup onto the plate.
5. Continue blowing bubbles until the entire plate is covered. You may want to switch colors part of the way through. We used Bright Aqua as our second color.
6. While the bubbles are drying, use Paint Dotters dipped in Dark Delft to sponge a border on the edge of the rim.
7. Peel owl body Contact Paper off plate. Trace and cut out owl eyes, beak and feet from Contact Paper. Stick on plate to mask color application. Paint owl body with 2-3 coats of Dark Delft.
8. Use NCR Paper to trace tree branch onto plate. Paint with 2-3 coats of Dark Delft.
9. Peel off Contact Paper and add in details of owl's body parts. Use French Dimensions to add wings and feathers. Use end of Paint Dotter handle to make the iris and Detail Writers to make the pupils. Use the Detail Writers again to color in the owl's beak and feet as well as add leaves to the branch.
10. Let Dry. Dip in Pure Brilliance Clear Glaze. Fire to cone 06.
| Click here to view and download the Image! || || Click here to download the Technique Sheet PDF! |