Design courtesy of Bisque Imports
Ayeee Matey! This mug will be sure to attract all the mermaids out to sea!
436 Tot Handle Mug
CN074-8 Really Red
CN222-8 Bright Blush
CN253-8 Dark Black
CN510-8 Earthen Moss
CN523-8 Ginger Sprinkles
FD272 French Briarwood
0 Royal Soft Grip SG585 Detail Brush
6 Royal Aqualon 2250
Assorted Royal Aqualon Brushes
Click on the item numbers to see more about the products in this technique sheet, and to order the items for your project.
| || |
1. Lightly wipe ware with a damp sponge to prepare surface for painting.
2. About an inch from the top of the mug, sketch a curved line, creating Patch's head. Continue down to create a circle. TIP: Some of the face will be cropped at the bottom. Don't forget to add ears!
3. Once head is sketched, continue drawing a curved line around the back of his head. This will create his bandana. Draw a knot with two pieces of fabric hanging out at the center base of the bandana to create the knot.
4. On the front on the mug, sketch a skull and crossbones onto the top left of the bandana. To create the skull, draw a keyhole/cupcake shape. Add two circles for eyes, and a triangle for the nose. At the base, you can draw vertical lines. For the bones, draw a bone in each corner, (Northeast, Southeast, Southwest, and Northwest.)
5. Now that the basics are drawn you can start painting pirates face with 2-3 solid coats of Bright Blush.
6. Once face is painted, you can move on to the bandana! Taking the 0 Royal Soft Grip SG Detail Brush, outline the skull and crossbones in Really Red. Continue painting the rest of the bandana in 2-3 coats of Really Red using a larger Aqualon Brush. Paint the inside of the mug with Really Red also.
7. Paint the handle of the mug with 2-3 coats of Earthen Moss. Paint small lines to create wood-like accents using Dark Black and the 0 Royal Soft Grip SG Detail Brush. Paint the hair with 2-3 coats of Ginger Sprinkles. Paint in a circular motion to create curly locks of hair.
8. On top of his face sketch an eye patch, eye, mustache, and beard. Paint over each with a 0 Royal Grip SG Detail Brush and Dark Black.
9. Paint Puck (Monkey Tot) with 2-3 coats of Ginger Sprinkles.
10. Using a pencil, sketch a shirt and bandana on Puck. Paint shirt and bandana with 2-3 coats of Really Red. Paint 2-3 coats of Dark Black stripes on the shirt and small dots on the bandana.
11. Draw and paint eye patch over left eye in Dark Black using the 0 Royal Soft Grip SG Detail Brush. Add in other eye and mouth in Dark Black.
12. Finish Puck by giving him a tiny, Really Red nose!
13. Attach Puck by using French Briarwood on the bottom of his feet and place on top of handle.
14. Dip in Clear Brilliance and fire to Cone 06.