Assorted Paintbrushes Detail Brush Small Balloon Water Water-based Marker
Click on the item numbers to see more about the products in this technique sheet, and to order the items for your project.
1. Lightly wipe ware with a damp sponge to prepare surface for painting.
2. Use a Natural Sea Sponge or other sponge to sponge 1 coat of Light Blue Spruce over the plate surface. Let dry.
3. Once dry, sketch a house design along the bottom plate edge with a water-based marker.
4. Pour a pepperoni-sized amount of Light Butternut onto your palette.
5. Dip the bottom of a small balloon in the paint, then immediately press onto plate surface to create balloon shapes.
6. Repeat step #4 - #5 using Bright Salsa, Bright Purple, and Neon Blue.
7. As the stamped balloon shapes dry, use an assortment of colors - 3 coats each - to paint the house design. For this project, we used Light Butternut to paint the roof and door, Bright Salsa to paint the house base, and Bright Purple to paint the heart shape. Once complete, allow paint to dry.
8. Use a detail brush and Dark Black to paint the balloon strings. Use the same color and brush to outline the house design.
9. Accent project further, if desired, using an assortment of paint colors.
10. Once complete, allow project to dry then dip in Pure Brilliance and fire to Cone 06.