Baked Love Technique Sheet
|Show your favorite cook how much you appreciate them with this clever recipe box! Plus, Saral Transfer Paper makes it easy to recreate this pretty design!
Design courtesy of Bisque Imports
Show your favorite cook how much you appreciate them with this clever recipe book box! Plus, Saral Transfer Paper makes it easy to recreate this pretty design!
1249 Book Box
9630 Detail Writer Bottle and Cap
9635 Writer Tip Fine (20 Gauge)
CN031-8 Light Butternut
CN181-8 Light Kiwi
CN253-8 Dark Black
CN292-8 Bright Purple
CN313-8 Dark Ginger
CN341-8 Light Pink
CN352-8 Bright Sapphire
CN373-8 Dark Honeysuckle
SARALRED Saral Transfer Paper
Assorted Royal Aqualon Brushes
Click on the item numbers to see more about the products in this technique sheet, and to order the items for your project.
1. Lightly wipe ware with a damp sponge to prepare surface for painting.
2. Paint the box bottom's top and binding surface with 3 coats of Dark Honeysuckle. Let dry, then paint the "page" edges with 3 coats of Light Pink. Set aside to dry.
3. Cut out the printed oval template and trace the shape onto contact paper. Cut out the shape, remove the protective backing, then firmly adhere to the box lid.
4. Paint the box lid with 3 coats of Light Pink. Let dry, then remove the contact paper.
5. Cut out the printed design template and a piece of Saral Transfer Paper of similar size. Position the Saral paper over the oval shape - red side facing down - with the printed template positioned on top. Secure the transfer paper and template in place with tape.
6. Use a pen to trace the template design. Once traced, remove the sheet of Saral paper and template to reveal the transferred design.
7. Use a fine tip detail writer bottle and Dark Black to trace over the floral border design. Let dry.
8. Using a detail brush and 3 coats each of Light Butternut, Bright Purple, Bright Sapphire, and Dark Honeysuckle, fill in the various flower designs.
9. Fill in each leaf with a detail brush and Light Kiwi.
10. Fill in each leaf stem with a detail brush and Dark Ginger. Let dry.
11. Use a detail brush and 2 coats of Dark Black to trace over the "Recipes" design. Use the same color and brush to touch up any floral outline designs, if needed. Let dry. .
12. Dip in Pure Brilliance and fire to Cone 06.
| Click here to view and download the Image! || |
| Click here to download the Technique Sheet PDF! |