Black Sharpie Marker Elmer's Clear Gel Glue Scissors Silver Sharpie
Click on the item numbers to see more about the products in this technique sheet, and to order the items for your project.
1. Draw out a large circle on the 6" clear base, making sure to leave room for the border design.
2. Fill in the circle with Sunflower Opal Buffalo Chips.
TIP: As you work, use pinpoints of Elmer's Clear Gel Glue to glue glass components to the clear base.
3. Add two eyes and a mouth to the circle with Black Opalescent Bits to create your smiley face design.
4. Glue Black Opal Bits and White Opal Bits around the project edge to create the checkered border.
5. Cut two small pieces of High Temp Alloy Wire, then bend each piece to create a wire loop. Use a dot of glue to attach the wire loops to each upper corner. Position a Black Opal Bit on top of each wire loop to secure in place.
6. Position completed project on the Thinfire and transfer to kiln. Contour fuse using the 6-segment firing schedule.
7. Once fired, attach wire or string to the wire loops to create a hanging plaque!