Assorted Royal Aqualon Brushes Detail Brush Water Water-based Marker
Click on the item numbers to see more about the products in this technique sheet, and to order the items for your project.
Lightly wipe each piece with a damp sponge to prepare surface for painting.
Metropolitan Bowl : 1. Use a water-based marker to simple flower designs on each surface side of the bowl.
2. Trace over each sketched flower design with Pure White. Allow paint to dry completely.
3. Fill in the inner section of each flower with 3 coats of Dark Pink.
4. Fill in the teardrop accent shapes in the outer section with a detail brush and 3 coats of Light Pink.
5. Fill in the middle section of each flower design with 3 coats of Bright Papaya.
6. Fill in the remaining area of each outer sections of two flower designs - on opposite sides of the bowl - with 3 coats of Bright Caribbean. Fill in the outer sections of the remaining flowers with 3 coats of Dark Sapphire. Allow paint to dry completely.
7. Paint the inside of the bowl with 3 coats of Light Sapphire. Set aside to dry.
Rim Robin: 1. Paint the bird with 3 coats of Light Pink. Let dry.
2. Paint the upper ruffles on each wing with a detail brush and Light Sapphire.
3. Alternate painting the striped feathers on each wing and the tail feather stripes with 3 coats each of Bright Caribbean, Dark Sapphire, and Light Sapphire.
4. Paint the bird's beak with 3 coats of Neon Orange.
5. Use a detail brush and Dark Black to fill in each eye. Let dry.
6. Once complete, use Pure White French Dimensions as adhesive to firmly attach the bird to the rim of the Metropolitan Bowl.
7. Once project is complete, dip in Pure Brilliance and fire to Cone 06.
TIP: If preferred, the two pieces can also be glazed separately then attached prior to firing.