Assorted Royal Aqualon Brushes Pencil Ruler Sgraffito Tool Textured Sponge
Click on the item numbers to see more about the products in this technique sheet, and to order the items for your project.
1. Wipe ware with damp sponge to remove bisque dust.
2. Lightly with pencil, draw a semi circle at bottom of plate roughly 3" wide. Follow with two more arcs above that about the same width, creating a "rainbow" effect. Refer to photo.
3. Pour puddles of Light Kiwi, Bright Butternut, Bright Caribbean and Dark Delft on palette.
4. Using Fan Glaze brush, apply a coat of Light Kiwi on top area of tray in an arc shape (refer to picture). Brush lightly into the space below.
5. While above coat is a little damp, brush a coat of Bright Butternut below the green and pull bristles of brush upward to blend into the Light Kiwi.
6. Paint a coat of Bright Caribbean in the next arc shape below fanning brush lightly into the Bright Butternut to blend.
7. Paint Dark Delft in the remaining area below and lightly blend into the color above. Let dry.
8. Repeat steps for the second and third coats letting dry between applications.
9. While plate feels dry to the touch, yet remains damp inside, lightly sgraffito a vertical line down center of design with pencil. Next, make wavy lines on each side to create a feather look. *Use optional ruler if desired to help guide exact placement. Refer to photo.
10. Brush off excess paint chips. Let tray completely dry.
11. Dip in Pure Brilliance. Stilt and fire to cone 06.