Faceted Blue Dog Technique Sheet
Designer: Marcia Roullard
1. Begin with properly fired shelf cone 04 Bisque. Moisten a clean sponge and wipe bisque to remove dust.
2. Use a dry sponge to apply one coat of SC-65 Peri-twinkle to various areas of the dog. Follow up with a sponged coat of SC-30 Blue Dawn over the Per-twinkle. Sponge Blue Dawn more sparingly, so you can still see Peri-twinkle.
3. Sponge one coat of SC-41 Brown Cow onto the dog, overlapping the blue. Be sure to leave bisque showing on parts of the dog so it will fire white.
4. Outline the facets of the dog with SG-401 Black. You may wish to use a ruler to keep the lines straight.
5. Use a circle template to pencil in the dog’s eyes. Use the Liner to apply two coats of SC-41 Brown Cow to the iris. Apply two coats of SC-15 Tuxedo to the nose and pupil.
6. Dip into NT-CLR Clear Dipping Glaze.
7. Fire to cone 05/06.
- SC-15 Tuxedo
- SC-30 Blue Dawn
- SC-41 Brown Cow
- SC-65 Peri-twinkle
- SG-401 Black
- NT-CLR Clear Dipping Glaze
- CB-110 #10/0 Mini Liner
- CB-604 #4 Soft Fan
- Circle Template
- Ruler (optional)