Bisque Imports / First Christmas Technique Sheet
First Christmas Technique Sheet
Design courtesy of Bisque Imports
Commemorate this special time with a seasonal memento.
2052 3" Silver Cap Ball Ornament
CN101-8 Light Heather
CN181-8 Light Kiwi
CN244-8 Really White
CN253-8 Dark Black
CN262-8 Bright Grape
CN302-8 Bright Caribbean
CN384-8 Fruit Punch
Assorted Royal Aqualon Brushes
Contact Paper (optional)
Click on the item numbers to see more about the products in this technique sheet, and to order the items for your project.
1. Lightly wipe ware with a damp sponge to prepare surface for painting.
2. Adhere circle stickers throughout ornament surface.
TIP: Instead of stickers, you can also use contact paper to create your own circle stickers. Sketch and cut out each circle, remove contact paper backing, then adhere to ornament surface.
3. Mix 2 parts Really White to 1 part Light Heather. Use this color to paint the entire ornament. Once dry, remove circle stickers from surface.
4. Using a pencil and the template provided, sketch the stocking image on the ornament.
5. Paint the stocking with 3 coats of Light Kiwi. Once dry, use a detail brush and Fruit Punch to paint wavy stripes along stocking.
6. Paint the top of the stocking with 3 coats of Bright Caribbean. Add dangling small dots along bottom edge using a detail brush and Bright Grape.
7. Paint every other stripe on the candy cane using a detail brush and Fruit Punch.
8. Paint the ball on the tip of the stocking with 2-3 coats of Bright Grape.
9. Use a detail brush and Dark Black to outline the stocking image.
10. Below the stocking, use a pencil to sketch "Baby's 1st Christmas." Use a detail brush and Dark Black to trace over the letters. Let dry.
11. Dip in Pure Brilliance and fire to Cone 06.
| Click here to view and download the Image! || || Click here to download the Technique Sheet PDF! |