Design courtesy of Bisque Imports
Create a part, or the whole set to commemorate your big day!
2727 Large Wine Glass (5)
CN032-8 Bright Butternut
CN062-8 Bright Salsa
CN131-8 Light Tidepool
CN151-8 Light Blue Spruce
CN191-8 Light Ivy
CN202-8 Bright Grey
CN213-8 Dark Taupe
CN262-8 Bright Grape
CN271-8 Light Jade
CN292-8 Bright Purple
CN341-8 Light Pink
CN373-8 Dark Honeysuckle
CN507-8 Neon Red
Assorted Royal Aqualon Brushes
'â‚¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â¾" Painter's Tape
Pen or Pencil
Click on the item numbers to see more about the products in this technique sheet, and to order the items for your project.
1. Lightly wipe ware with a damp sponge to prepare surface for painting.
2. First, using the template provided as a guide, use a pencil to sketch 4 short dress silhouettes and 1 long dress silhouette onto contact paper. If needed, cut the dress images directly from the template, place the cutouts on a sheet of contact paper, and trace around their edges to achieve the dress outline. Cut out each of the contact paper images, remove the backing, and attach the sticky side of each dress silhouette to the top-center of a wine glass. For this project, the short dress silhouettes will represent bridesmaids; the long dress will be reserved for the bride's wine glass.
3. Then, attach a strip of 'â‚¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â¾" painter's tape approximately 1/4" from the top edge of each wine glass, and extend the strip so that it loops around the piece. Attach another strip of 'â‚¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â¾" painters tape around each wine glass approximately 1" from the stem. The dress silhouettes may extend below the bottom strip of painter's tape - this is ok. If it does, use a pencil to trace the outline of the dress silhouette to ensure the shape is not lost once the contact paper is removed.
4. In the area in between the strips of painter's tape, on each bridesmaid wine glass, paint 3 coats of one of the following colors: Bright Salsa, Light Jade, Bright Purple, or Light Pink. For the bride's wine glass, paint this section using 3 coats of Light Blue Spruce.
5. Still working in the same area of the wine glass, paint a pattern of your choice. For the bridesmaid's wine glasses, we painted: - A chevron pattern using Neon Red on the Bright Salsa background - Differently shaped and differently sized anchors in Light Ivy on the Light Jade background - A cheetah-print pattern using Bright Grape on the Bright Purple background - And Dark Honeysuckle polka dots on the Light Pink background For each pattern, be sure to paint 2-3 coats of its respective color being used.
6. For the bride's wine glass, we painted differently-sized flowers using 3 coats of Light Tidepool over the Light Blue Spruce background.
7. Paint the top rim and the inside of each wine glass with 3 coats of Black.
8. Then, on the base of each wine glass, use 3 coats of the darker-shaded color previously used in the respective patterned design to paint a ruffled bottom edge. Let dry.
9. With a pencil, sketch names of the bridesmaids and the bride on the base of their respective wine glass. Then, use a detail brush and Dark Taupe to trace over the names.
10. On the bride's wine glass, add a second ruffled border - above the Light Tidepool ruffle - using Black. When doing this, though, be sure not to paint over the painted name. Let each wine glass dry completely before continuing.
11. Once the wine glasses are dry, remove the painter's tape and contact paper silhouettes.
12. Paint each of the short dresses with 3 coats of Bright Butternut.
13. Then, with a detail brush, outline each dress - including the bride's white dress - in Black, adding accents to the bottom flare of the dress as you go. Then, dip the tip of a slightly damp an Aqualon 10/0 Liner brush into Black. With this, paint subtle accent marks throughout the dress shape, giving each a more enhanced dimension.
14. On each Bright Butternut bridesmaid dress, paint a small bow at the waistline using Light Tidepool. Outline each bow using a detail brush and Black. Also with the detail brush and Black, paint a sash across the waist, in alignment with the bow.
15. On the bride's wine glass, simply paint a Bright Butternut bow that spans across the waistline. Outline the bow using a detail brush and Black.
16. Use a detail brush to paint flowing ribbons extending from the bride's bow in Bright Grey and in Light Tidepool.
17. Finally, above each dress silhouette, use a pencil to first sketch the 'Â¢ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¡Ã‚Â¬Ãƒâ€¹Ã…"title' of each bridesmaid - whether it be the "Maid of Honor," "Mother of the Bride," or simply "Bridesmaid." Sketch "The Bride" above the bride's dress. With a detail brush and Black, trace over each title.
18. Once you are finished with your 5 wine glasses, dip each in Pure Brilliance and fire to Cone 06.