Assorted Royal Aqualon Brushes Detail Brush Pencil Water
Click on the item numbers to see more about the products in this technique sheet, and to order the items for your project.
1. Lightly wipe ware with a damp sponge to prepare surface for painting.
2. Using the template as a guide, sketch the design pattern on the creamer. Near the bottom, sketch two checkered rows. Near the top of the creamer, sketch stripes. In the center area of the creamer, sketch a diagonal checkered pattern and diamond shapes within each space. Sketch polka dots on the spout and on the lid, downward stripes.
3. Use 3 coats of Dark Black to create the checkered pattern near the bottom.
4. Use 3 coats of Bright Butternut and a liner brush to trace over the diagonal lines in the center. Fill in each diamond shape with 3 coats of Really Red.
5. Fill in the stripes along the top edge using a combination of Bright Butternut, Really Red, Bright Grape, Bright Caribbean, Bright Honeysuckle, and Green Apple. Once dry, use a liner brush to outline each of the stripes.
6. Paint the handle with 3 coats of Bright Grape.
7. Paint the spout of the creamer with 3 coats of Bright Caribbean. Once dry, paint Green Apple polka dots using a detail brush.
8. Use 3 coats of Bright Honeysuckle to paint the top inside rim of the creamer.
9. With a detail brush and Really Red, paint the ball tip on the lid.
10. On the lid, fill in every other section with 3 coats of Dark Black. Let dry.