Assorted Royal Aqualon Brushes Pencil or Ballpoint Pen Sponge Water
Click on the item numbers to see more about the products in this technique sheet, and to order the items for your project.
1. Lightly wipe ware with a damp sponge to prepare surface for painting.
2. Begin by dipping a sponge into Light Kiwi and applying color to the bottom half of the inside and outside of the bowl. Try starting from the very bottom and moving upward with the paint, so the color gets lighter as you move up the bowl.
3. Fill in the square center of the bowl with a thick coat of Light Kiwi.
4. Dip thumbs into Sunflower Yellow and cluster four prints together at a time. Rotate each print so they create the look of a flower. Wipe off thumb and dip into Bright Papaya. Then apply the final print to the center of the Yellow prints. This will create the look of an orange center.
5. Continue the flower pattern on the outside of the bowl.
6. Allow the flower prints to dry. Apply a small dot to the center of each flower with the round end of a Royal Brush.
7. Dip a thin Royal Aqualon Brush into Dark Black. Paint thin blades of grass along the bottom of the bowl.
8. Continuing with Dark Black, paint thin stems from the base of the bowl to the bottom of each flower. Outline the Neon Red centers with Dark Black.
9. Using a ballpoint pen or pencil, lightly sketch your message on the center of the bowl. Outline the words in Dark Black. For thicker letters, fill in the space with 2-3 solid coats of Neon Red.
10. If creating a classroom project, you may wish to note each child's print with initials. Fill in initials with Dark Black.
11. Let dry. Dip in Pure Brilliance and fire to Cone 06.