Click on the item numbers to see more about the products in this technique sheet, and to order the items for your project.
1. Lightly wipe ware with a damp sponge to prepare surface for painting.
2. Paint the veiny side of each leaf with 1 coat of Bright Saffron, Really Red Sprinkles and Neon Orange Sprinkles. Apply color in patches.
3. Press the first leaf paint side down on the rim of the platter with the end of it hanging off the edge. aply each consecutive leaf in a slightly overlapping pattern and in various directions to create the effect of fallen leaves.
4. Use a detail liner brush to add a Really Red Sprinkles outline to the leaves. Use short, light strokes to highlight the veins of each leaf.
5. Add water to Bright Briarwood and splatter the thinned color with a fan brush around the rim of the platter.
6. Use a pencil to outline the letters in the center. Use a detail liner brush to paint the letters with Bright Briarwood. Mix in Really Red Sprinkles and Neon Orange Sprinkles to highlight the strokes of Bright Briarwood.
7. Let Dry. Dip in Pure Brilliance Clear Glaze. Fire to cone 06.
Tip: Start with the largest leaves first and add the smallest leaves last to fill in any gaps.