Assorted Royal Aqualon Brushes Detail Brush Dish Soap Paper Cup Pencil Plastic Spoon Straw Water
Click on the item numbers to see more about the products in this technique sheet, and to order the items for your project.
1. Lightly wipe ware with a damp sponge to prepare surface for painting.
2. In a small paper cup, mix equal parts dish soap, Bright Aqua, and water. Stir until you see bubbles forming. With a straw, blow into the mixture, making sure the cup remains in an upright position. Bubbles will begin to overflow, let these bubbles fall onto the surface of the ornament. Allow the bubbles to pop on their own.
3. Repeat the above step using Dark Honeysuckle. Let the ornament dry before continuing.
4. Outline the entire ornament in 3 coats of Neon Orange using a detail brush.
5. With a pencil, sketch out the state name, and any additional phrase of your choice. Use a detail brush and a mix of Bright Caribbean and Bright Jade to trace over the state name and Sunflower Yellow to trace over any other words.