Bisque Imports / Hello Spring - Technique Sheet
Hello Spring - Technique Sheet
Design courtesy of Ammie Williams
- Mega Message Frame #1822
- Large Round Brush
- Small Square Brush
- Liner Brush
- Purple Haze
- Peri Twinkle
- Cheeky Pinky
- Honey Dew
- Cutie Pie Coral
- Yella Bout It
- Leapin' Lizard
- Lettuce Alone
- Army Surplus
- Sour Apple
- Load a brush with YELLA BOUT IT, and paint the background of the frame with two swishy coats.
- Sketch (or transfer with the paper stencil) the design onto the bottom larger space of the frame.
- Fill in the letters with three coats of LEAPIN' LIZARD. Let completely dry.
- Lightly sketch flowers and leaves onto each letter in "Spring."
- Fill in the flowers using PURPLE HAZE, PERI TWINKLE, SUNKISSED, CHEEKY PINKY, HONEY DEW, and CUTIE PIE CORAL using the liner brush.
- While the flowers are still drying, add SOUR APPLE and ARMY SURPLUS stems to the flowers and leaves, building off the letters.
- Add different color details to the flowers. Let dry.
- Add TUXEDO detail to the flowers, stems, and leaves.
- Use a liner brush to add three dashes on each side of "Hello." Paint toward the letters and release the pressure from the brush to create a round line with a pointed end.
- Dip a small square brush into TUXEDO and add stripes to the edge of the frame. Don't forget the inside of the 5x7!
- Dip a small brush into TUXEDO and splatter the frame.
- Clear glaze and fire at Cone 06.
- Insert the glass. Attach the backing with e6000. Wrap with rubber bands to secure the backing does not slip while the glue dries. Allow the glue to cure for 24 hours. Insert picture and display!
Click here to download the "Hello Spring" stencil!
Click here to download the Technique Sheet PDF!