Hootie Hoo Technique Sheet
|Flexible shapes rock! Our small round plaque makes for a perfect canvas to let your creativity fly free. All your customers will have a hoot with this project.
Design courtesy of Bisque Imports
Flexible shapes rock! Our Small Round Plaque makes for a perfect canvas to let your creativity fly free.
For step-by-step photos and additional project information, download the PDF!
BIM550 Icicle Glitter Mosaic Tiles 10 mm
BIM551 Sun Ray Glitter Mosaic Tiles 10 mm
BIM577 Black Smoothies
BIM584 Medium Red Smoothies
BIM585 Medium Blue Smoothies
BIM587 Aqua Green Smoothies
BIM70212-0002 White Grout
BIM8-50030 Weldbond 101 oz.
BIM8021 Round Plaque - Sm
Acrylic Paint (optional)
Plastic Spoon (to mix grout)
Small Disposable Bowl (for grout mix)
Click on the item numbers to see more about the products in this technique sheet, and to order the items for your project.
1. Use a pencil to sketch an owl design with 2 feet, 2 wings, a chest, beak, and 2 eyes on the project base.
2. Using Weldbond as adhesive, adhere a Black Smoothie to each eye center.
3. Adhere Icicle Glitter tiles in a ring around each eye center.
4. Using a Wheel Mosaic Nipper to nip tiles into smaller pieces as needed, adhere Sun Ray Glitter tiles to the beak and feet. Using the same color tile, diagonally nip 1 tile in half, then adhere each triangle piece to create each ear tuft.
5. Adhere Aqua Green Smoothies to fill in the owl's head.
6. Adhere Medium Red Smoothies to fill in the chest area.
7. Adhere Medium Blue Smoothies to fill in each wing.
8. Let your mosaic project dry until all tiles are securely in place. Then, follow the grouting instructions below to grout your project using White Grout:
GROUTING INSTRUCTIONS :
1. Pour grout into a disposable bowl.
2. Use a plastic spoon to mix in small amounts of water until you achieve an oatmeal consistency.
3. Spread grout mix over project surface, allowing the grout to fill in all gaps between the tiles. Wear plastic gloves to keep your hands clean.
4. Allow project to dry for 10-15 minutes, then wipe off excess grout with a paper towel.
9. Once grouted, paint the edges with acrylics if desired.
| Click here to view and download the Image! || |
| Click here to download the Technique Sheet PDF! |