Assorted Royal Aqualon Brushes >RSTF100 Foam Squares (coming soon) Masking Tape Pencil or Ballpoint Pen FAB3621 Twilight Stamp Set (coming soon) Water
Click on the item numbers to see more about the products in this technique sheet, and to order the items for your project.
1. Lightly wipe ware with a damp sponge to prepare surface for painting.
2. Using the masking tape, tape off vertical stripes on your plaque. If you wish to have exact stripes, you may measure out the width of the plaque with a ruler and make faint marks to space the stripes.
3. Fill in the area between the tape with 2-3 solid coats of Light Ginger. Allow it to dry, and carefully remove the tape.
4. Load two separate foam squares with small amounts of Really Red and Bright Nautical. Smooth the glaze into the foam using your finger. Start with a small amount of glaze and add a little bit at a time.
5. Using the start cluster stamp, dip into the Really Red. Test your pressure and paint amount on a piece of paper, then create a horizontal band of starts along the bottom of your plaque.
6. While your star clusters dry, sketch out your phrase in the upper section of the plaque using a ballpoint pen or pencil. Be careful not to scrape through the glaze!
7. Dip your large star stamp into the Bright Nautical Underglaze Cup. Test your pressure again, then stamp five stars on top of your red band.
8. Using a thin detail Royal Brush, trace over your letters with Bright Nautical.
9. Let dry. Dip in Pure Brilliance and fire to Cone 06.