9599 Hydra Art Sponge 9630 Detail Writer Bottle 9636 Medium Writer Tip KDS13 Decorator Set 1 R2850-4 Royal Aqualon Fan Brush No. 4 RAQUA144 Assorted Royal Aqualon Brushes
Click on the item numbers to see more about the products in this technique sheet, and to order the items for your project.
1. Lightly wipe ware with a damp sponge to prepare surface for painting.
2. Layer CN244 and CN112 and CN121 on your palette. Dip a fan brush into the paint mixture, making sure to keep the colors separate. Spread in long horizontal strokes across the platter to create a sky. Remember to frequently refresh the paints to keep the colors distinct.
3. Apply a quick coat of CN505 with a fan brush along the bottom of your platter. Create details in the grass with a quick light stroke of CN182.
4. Using your square spiral wire tool, create butterflies with CN342, CN263 and CN262. Add lines and dots in alternating colors. Then, create the small butterflies with the diamond Kemper tool.
5. Dip the spiral tool into CN342. Start creating the shape of your hydrangea, dipping the tool into the paint between each application. Let CN342 dry for about ten minutes and start your second layer with CN262. Once that layer has dried, add a final layer of CN244 with your spiral tool to blend the colors. Use a Detail Writer filled with CN202 to fill in the shape of the flowers.
6. Add stems to your flowers using CN505 with CN182 accents. Alternate the leaf wire tool on either side of the stem.
7. Let dry. Dip in Pure Brilliance Clear Glaze and fire to cone 06.