Click on the item numbers to see more about the products in this technique sheet, and to order the items for your project.
1. Lightly wipe ware with a damp sponge to prepare surface for painting.
2. Use 3 coats of Bright Sapphire to paint two opposite surfaces on the outside surface of the mug. Let dry. Leave the handle unpainted white.
3. Position the anchor silk screen design in the plate center, then secure one side using ¾" Art Tape.
4. Apply a small amount of Black Licorice to your palette. Dip your finger in the French Dimensions color, then rub the color into small areas of the screen image at a time. Dab and smooth the paint into the screen until all areas are filled with color.
5. Once completed, gently lift and remove the silk screen and art tape. Immediately rinse the silk screen off to remove any glaze.
6. With a detail brush, alternate using 3 coats each of Bright Ginger and Dark Ginger to paint each rope section.
7. Fill in the anchor shape with 3 coats of Fruit Punch. Let dry.
8. Use a detail brush and Dark Black to touch up any areas of the silk screen design, if needed. Let dry.
9. Paint the inside surface of the mug with 3 coats of Bright Caribbean.
10. Once completed, dip in Pure Brilliance and fire to Cone 06.