Assorted Paintbrushes Detail Brush Dice Pencil Water
Click on the item numbers to see more about the products in this technique sheet, and to order the items for your project.
Monster Mash-Up Dice Game : Roll one dice 4 times. The first roll number determines your monster's body shape, the second determines your monster's eyes, the third your monster's mouth, and the fourth determines your monster's topper. Mix n' match using the templates provided to make your own unique monster friend!
1. Play the dice game to determine the body shape, eyes, mouth, and topper of your unique monster.
2. Using a pencil, sketch out each part of your monster onto the canvas surface.
3. For this project, we first used 2-3 coats of Titanium White to paint the outer section of each eye. With a detail brush, fill in the very center of each eye with Cadmium Orange.
4. Paint the two teeth with 2-3 coats of Titanium White.
5. Paint the tongue with 2 coats of Cadmium Red.
6. Paint the body of the monster with 2-3 coats of Cerulean Blue.
7. Paint dots on the monster's body with 2-3 coats of Cadmium Green.
8. With a detail brush and Mars Black, paint the mouth line.
9. Use Cadmium Orange to paint the legs and feet of the monster. Once dry, use Mars Black to paint a circle in each foot.
10. To paint the monster's topper, use Primary Yellow, Cadmium Green, and Cadmium Red. Let dry.
11. Once monster shape is complete, paint background area as desired.