Assorted Royal Aqualon Brushes Contact Paper Detail Brush Pencil Scissors Spray Bottle Toothbrush Water
Click on the item numbers to see more about the products in this technique sheet, and to order the items for your project.
1. Lightly wipe ware with a damp sponge to prepare surface for painting.
2. Squeeze a small amount of Light Ivy into a small, empty spray bottle. Mix an even smaller amount of water in with the paint. Shake to mix. Flip the piece over and spray the mix all around its entire outside.
3. Repeat the same process using Bright Caribbean. Then, add Bright Tidepool to the Bright Caribbean mix and spray the outside surface of the piece for a third time. Let dry.
4. With a pencil, sketch out 5 different snowflake shapes. Cut out using scissors. Arrange the contact paper cut-outs inside the bowl, pressing firmly to get rid of any air bubbles.
5. Dip the end of a toothbrush into Bright Tidepool. Using your thumb to flick the paint off the bristles, densely speckle paint the inside of the mug. Repeat this process using Dark Delft. Let dry before removing snowflake cut-outs.
6. Using a very small and somewhat damp detail brush, use Dark Taupe to outline each of the snowflakes.
7. WIth a pencil, sketch out "Keep calm and snuggle on" inside the bowl, around the center. Using a detail brush and Dark Taupe, trace over the letters. Let the piece dry.