Bisque Imports / Matey Mug Technique Sheet
Matey Mug Technique Sheet
Design courtesy of Bisque Imports
Shiver me timbers! This mug will satisfy the surliest of crew.
2711 Pirate Mug
CN022-8 Bright Saffron
CN074-8 Really Red
CN202-8 Light Grey
CN253-8 Dark Black
0 Royal Soft Grip SG585 Detail Brush
Assorted Aqualon Brushes
9599 Hydra Art Sponge
Click on the item numbers to see more about the products in this technique sheet, and to order the items for your project.
| || |
1. Lightly wipe ware with a damp sponge to prepare surface for painting.
2. Water down Dark Black and apply a light wash on mug. Be sure to cover over skull, and feel free to wash over the band across the top and bottom as well.
3. Wet the Hydra Art sponge and wipe off skull, leaving some residue of Dark Black behind. This will give the skull a distressed look.
4. Paint sword three solid coats of Light Grey. Paint sword handle three solid coats of Bright Saffron.
5. Paint handle of sword with three solid coats of Really Red, as well as the two bands around the barrel/mug in Really Red too.
6. Next, paint the inside of the mug with three solid coats of Bright Saffron.
7. Last but not least, add detail marks with Dark Black using the Detail Brush.
8. Dip in Pure Brilliance and fire to Cone 06.
| Click here to view and download the Image! || || Click here to download the Technique Sheet PDF! |