Assorted Paintbrushes Detail Brush Water Water-based Marker
Click on the item numbers to see more about the products in this technique sheet, and to order the items for your project.
1. Lightly wipe ware with a damp sponge to prepare surface for painting.
2. Paint the frame surface with 3 coats of Light Pink. Let dry.
3. Mom : Alternate using Bright Purple and Dark Honeysuckle to create fingerprint flower petals around the frame border. To get the best fingerprints, brush color onto fingers rather than dipping their fingers into the paint. Press the painted finger onto the piece and lift straight up.
4. Child : Overlay the parent's fingerprint flowers with smaller fingerprint flowers using Bright Grape and Bright Purple. Once complete, allow fingerprint flower designs to dry.
5. Along the top edge of the frame, use a water-based marker to sketch "Mommy & Me." Trace over the letters using a detail brush and Dark Black. Let dry.
6. Add a wavy outline around each child's fingerprint flowers using a detail writer and Dark Grape.
7. Add a wavy outline around each parent's fingerprint flowers using Pure White. Let dry.
8. Add Pure White dots to the center of each fingerprint flower design.