Click on the item numbers to see more about the products in this technique sheet, and to order the items for your project.
1. Lightly wipe ware with a damp sponge to prepare surface for painting.
2. Paint the bisque tile completely with 3-4 solid coats of Neon Green, or another color of your choice. Allow paint to dry completely.
3. Use a water-based marker to lightly sketch a square border on the tile surface. Inside the border, sketch your name-tangle design.
4. Trace over the border and name-tangle design with Black Licorice French Dimensions. Allow design to dry completely.
5. Using an angled straw scoop, fill in the design areas with an assortment of opalescent fine frit. As each section is filled, use a toothpick or small paintbrush to position or move the frit as needed. For best results, start from one side of the tile and work your way to the other side.
6. Once complete, lightly spritz project with hairspray to secure frit in place.
7. Before firing the completed project, apply Thinfire Paper onto the kiln shelf. Stilt project and fire to Cone 06.