Oh, Dear Technique Sheet
|This trendy bisqueware plate uses several unique techniques to accomplish a unique look. Great for the animal lover, or hunter in your life.
Design courtesy of Bisque Imports
This trendy plate uses several unique techniques to accomplish a unique look.
175 Coupe Round Platter
CN031-8 Light Butternut (optional)
CN122-8 Bright Nautical (optional)
CN151-8 Light Blue Spruce (optional)
CN152-8 Bright Blue Spruce (optional)
CN201-8 Light Grey
CN232-8 Bright Briarwood (optional)
CN253-8 Dark Black
CN312-8 Bright Ginger (optional) (optional)
CN343-8 Bright Pink (optional)
CN507-8 Neon Red (optional)
RD110 Crafters Choice Small Dabber
TCW157R8 Flower Frenzy - 8"" Round Template
TCW169 Kasbah - 12"" x 12"" Template
TCW219 Punchinella - 12"" x 12"" Template
TCW227 Chevron - 12"" x 12"" Template
Assorted Royal Aqualon Brushes
Click on the item numbers to see more about the products in this technique sheet, and to order the items for your project.
1. Lightly wipe ware with a damp sponge to prepare surface for painting.
2. Print and cut out the template image. Trace image on a 12"" x 12"" sheet of contact paper, then cut out. You will need the outer portion of the image, so keep this area of the contact paper intact.
3. Adhere the contact paper to the plate surface so that the deer image remains uncovered. Use painter's tape to secure contact paper edges to the plate, if needed.
4. Create a paint wash mix consisting of 3 parts water to 1 part Light Grey. Brush over the entire deer image. Let dry.
5. Using the handle of a Hake Brush, run the brush handle in multiple, criss-crossing motions throughout the deer image to create texture.
6. Place the Chevron stencil over the deer image. In the center of the image, use the Crafter's Choice Small Dabber and Dark Black to fill in 4 chevron stripes. Leave a small space in between the two pairs of stripes. Remove stencil.
7. Place the Flower Frenzy stencil onto the image. Towards the bottom of the image and in the space between the chevron stripes, use a pencil to trace the stencil details. Remove stencil.
8. Fill in the traced Flower Frenzy design using a detail brush and 2-3 coats of Dark Black. Let dry.
9. Use 2 strips of painter's tape to mask a stripe above and below the eye- and ear-level area of the deer image.
10. Use 2-3 coats of Dark Black to fill in the area between the two strips of painter's tape.
11. Place the Kasbah stencil over the painted area. Using the tapered end of a paintbrush, scratch out the stencil designs. Once completed, remove stencil.
12. Place the polka dotted section of the Punchinella stencil over the middle section of the antlers. Use a pencil to trace the circles onto the deer image. Remove stencil once done.
13. Alternate using a detail brush and 3 coats each of an assorted combination of Concepts colors to fill in each circle. For this project, we used Light Butternut, Bright Nautical, Light and Bright Blue Spruce, Bright Briarwood, Dark Black, Bright Ginger, Bright Pink, and Neon Red to fill in the circles. Let dry.
14. Paint the tips of the tallest antlers with 2-3 coats of Dark Black. Let dry.
15. Once dry, remove contact paper border from plate surface.
16. Dip in Pure Brilliance and fire to Cone 06
| Click here to view and download the Image! || || Click here to download the Technique Sheet PDF! |