Click on the item numbers to see more about the products in this technique sheet, and to order the items for your project.
1. Lightly wipe ware with a damp sponge to prepare surface for painting.
2. Use a sponge to add 3 coats of color to the surface of each ornament. Apply light pressure with each coat so that the embossed snowflake designs remain unpainted white. For this project, we used Bright Aqua, Light Blue Spruce, Bright Caribbean, and Neon Blue. Let dry.
3. Use a toothbrush to speckle paint each ornament surface with Really White. Dip the toothbrush into the paint, then run your thumb across the bristles to speckle paint. Let dry.
4. Add Duncan Fired Snow to the edges of each ornament to give the edge a snowy texture. Apply the Fired Snow with "fluffing" brushstrokes to enhance texture. Let dry.
5. Once complete, dip each piece in Pure Brilliance and fire to Cone 06.
TIP: Rather than applying the Fired Snow before firing, you can also use No Fire Snow to add a snowy texture post-firing!