Assorted Royal Aqualon Brushes Pencil Sharpie Sponge Straight Pin Tracing Paper ¾" Painter's Tape
Click on the item numbers to see more about the products in this technique sheet, and to order the items for your project.
1. Lightly wipe ware with a damp sponge to prepare surface for painting.
2. Using 3/4" painter's tape, tape zigzagged stripes across plate. Smooth the stripes with the tapered end of a Royal Brush to remove any excess air bubbles or gaps in the tape.
3. Using a thin round brush, paint the space left between the stripes with 2-3 solid coats of Bright Pink, leaving the center surface unpainted.
4. Once dry, remove the painter's tape with a straight pin.
5. Add a little water to Light Saffron. Using a round brush, paint 2-3 solid coats of Light Saffron in the white area left between your Bright Pink zigzags.
6. Lay tissue paper over Bee Template. Using a Sharpie, trace outline of bee and position tissue paper over Sushi Platter. You may tape into place if you wish.
7. Once your template is in its desired position, trace the Bee with your Sharpie again. Lift your tissue paper to reveal light tracing marks. Paint Light Saffron and Dark Purple for the stripes and eyes. Outline body, legs, and wings in Black. Add accents with Black as well.
8. To finish your platter, paint the back and edges Dark Purple.
9. Let dry. Dip in Pure Brilliance Clear Glaze. Fire to cone 06.