Assorted Royal Aqualon Brushes Pallet Knife Scissors Water
Click on the item numbers to see more about the products in this technique sheet, and to order the items for your project.
1. Lightly wipe ware with a damp sponge to prepare surface for painting.
2. Cut out the silkscreen, leaving a wide border around the image outline. Position the silk screen onto the mug surface so that the image lays completely flat. Use 3/4" Art Tape to secure the silk screen to the bisque surface.
3. On your pallet, pour a dime-sized drop of Dark Black. Add a pinch of Glaze Thickening Powder to the underglaze color, then mix using a pallet knife until you reach a peanut butter consistency.
4. Dip your finger in the thickened underglaze color, and rub the color into small areas of the screen image at a time. Dab and smooth the paint into the screen until all areas are filled with color.
5. Once completed, gently lift and remove the silk screen and art tape. Immediately rinse the silk screen off to remove any glaze.
6, Paint the inside of the mug with 3 coats of Light Sapphire.
7. Paint the handle with 3-4 coats of Bright Papaya.
8. Brush on 1 coat of Bright Papaya over each top wing.
9. Brush on 1 coat of Bright Straw over each bottom wing.
10. Brush on 1 coat of Light Sapphire over the body.
11. Let dry. Dip in Pure Brilliance and fire to Cone 06.