Bisque Imports / Seas the Day Technique Sheet
Seas the Day Technique Sheet
Design courtesy of Bisque Imports
We love the versatility and functionality of this whimsical frame shape. Create a different sample for each season for customers to enjoy year-round!
1807 Double Frame
9597 Natural Sea Sponge
CN182-8 Bright Kiwi
CN232-8 Bright Briarwood
CN253-8 Dark Black
CN302-8 Bright Caribbean
CN312-8 Bright Ginger
CN313-8 Dark Ginger
CN512-8 Green Apple
FD258 Pure White
Assorted Royal Aqualon Brushes
Click on the item numbers to see more about the products in this technique sheet, and to order the items for your project.
1. Lightly wipe ware with a damp sponge to prepare surface for painting.
2. Paint the bottom edge of frame - the area beneath the photo openings - with 3 coats of Bright Ginger.
3. Paint the remaining background area with 3 coats of Bright Caribbean.
4. Where the two background colors meet, use a Hydra Art Sponge to sponge a layer of Pure White. Let dry.
5. Using a water-based marker, sketch the palm tree design along the right edge of the frame. Refer to the template provided.
6. Paint each layer of the palm tree trunk with 3 coats of Dark Ginger.
7. Paint each palm tree branch with 3 coats of Green Apple.
8. Use a detail brush and Bright Kiwi to outline each palm tree branch.
9. Use a detail brush and Bright Briarwood to outline each layer on the tree trunk. Use the same color to paint coconuts in the center of the tree branches.
10. Use a water-based marker to sketch "Seas the Day!" across the top of the frame. Trace over each letter with a detail brush and Dark Black. Let dry.
11. Dip in Pure Brilliance and fire to Cone 06.
| Click here to view and download the Image!
| Click here to download the Technique Sheet PDF!