Assorted Paintbrushes Paper Towels Pencil Q-Tips Water
Click on the item numbers to see more about the products in this technique sheet, and to order the items for your project.
1. Remove the circular mirror from the mirror MDF frame.
2. Sketch your striped design with a pencil, allowing for enough stripes to accommodate each mosaic tile color choice.
3. Paint your stripes, in a set pattern, using Primary Cyan, Primary Magenta, Light Blue, and Magenta.
TIP: Acrylics can be messy! Always paint on a disposable or easy-to-clean surface, and wear an apron to keep your clothes clean.
TIP: For lighter shades of acrylic paint, paint 2 coats of each color for full paint coverage.
4. Allow painted stripes to dry completely.
5. Using a Q-tip and Weldbond as glue, adhere mosaic tiles to the stripes on your mirror project. Overlay Primary Cyan with Medium Blue Glitter Smoothies, Primary Magenta with Pretty Pink Glitter Smoothies, Light Blue with Celeste Blue Glitter Smoothies, and Magenta with Aubergine Glitter Smoothies. Once tiles are adhered to the mirror, set aside to allow glue to dry completely.
TIP: Use a q-tip or paintbrush to apply a small layer of glue to each individual tile, then immediately adhere tiles to the preferred project area. Apply tiles in small areas at a time until the project surface is covered.
TIP: Use a Wheel Mosaic Nipper to cut mosaic tiles into smaller pieces if needed! To use Mosaic Nippers, position the tile evenly in between the two wheel cutters, then apply pressure to nip the tile into two smaller pieces.
6. Once your project is complete, flip your project over and reposition the mirror insert into the mirror frame.