Assorted Royal Aqualon Brushes Detail Brush Painter's Tape Pen Scissors Water
Click on the item numbers to see more about the products in this technique sheet, and to order the items for your project.
1. Lightly wipe ware with a damp sponge to prepare surface for painting.
2. Paint the mug surface and handle with 3 coats of Neon Blue.
3. Paint the bottom third of the handle with 3 coats of Neon Red. All project to dry completely.
4. Cut out the printed shield template and a piece of Saral Transfer Paper of similar size. Position the Saral paper - red side facing down - on the mug surface with the printed template positioned on top. Secure the transfer paper and template in place with tape.
5. Use a pen to trace the template design. Once traced, remove the sheet of Saral paper and template to reveal the transferred design.
6. Paint the background spaces of the traced shield design with a detail brush and 3 coats of Sunflower Yellow.
7. Paint the shield border and center design using a detail brush and 3 coats of Neon Red. Let dry, then lightly outline design with Dark Black.
8. Above and below the hero shield, lightly sketch "Super Dad!" using a water-based marker. Trace over the letters with a detail brush and 2 coats of Dark Black. Let dry.
9. Once complete, dip in Pure Brilliance and fire to Cone 06.