Bisque Imports / Texas Forever Technique Sheet
Texas Forever Technique Sheet
Design courtesy of Bisque Imports
Texas pride runs deep! Whether you're a native or not, everyone can appreciate the techniques found on this cute ornament.
OCC-43-TX Texas State Ornament
CN074-8 Really Red
CN113-8 Dark Delft
CN202-8 Bright Grey
CN313-8 Dark Ginger
Assorted Royal Aqualon Brushes
Royal Aqualon Wisp Brush
Click on the item numbers to see more about the products in this technique sheet, and to order the items for your project.
| || |
1. Lightly wipe ware with a damp sponge to prepare surface for painting.
2. Sketch and cut out a simple star shape out of contact paper. Place on the ornament.
3. With a pencil, make a line separating the bottom half from the top half. Then, separate the bottom half into 2 parts.
4. Place a strip of painter's tape below the line separating the upper and lower half. Sponge this area using a textured sponge with Dark Delft. Peel off the star cut-out and the painter's tape.
5. Separate the bottom left section with painter's tape. Sponge this area Really Red. Peel off painter's tape.
6. Separate the bottom right section with painter's tape. On your palette, mix 1 part Bright Grey with 2 parts White. Sponge this section using this color blend. Peel off painter's tape.
7. Dip an Aqualon Wisp brush in Dark Ginger. Very lightly stroke the surface in straight, downward motions.
8. Dip in Pure Brilliance and fire to Cone 06.
| Click here to view and download the Image! || || Click here to download the Technique Sheet PDF! |